Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Natural protection for Summer Ailments
When enjoying the outdoors this season, be prepared to protect yourself against common summer ailments. I have found the following to be naturally effective in preventing and treating a variety of summer culprits:
1. Ginger: This may prevent motion sickness or other nausea.
2. Stinging Nettles: By far the best remedy I know for hay fever.
3. Arnica: The tincture of this plant can help relieve the pain and tenderness of sprains and sore muscles.
4. Bromelain: Promotes the healing of soft-tissue injuries, such as sprains and bruises.
5. Geraniol: Products made with this oil are an effective way to protect yourself from mosquitoes.
6. Tecnu: Helps prevent rashes from poison oak, ivy, and sumac.
7. Aloe Vera: For sunburn, thermal burns and any areas of skin irritation or inflammation.