Today's Top 20 Health Facts and Trivia ~from Hemorrhoids & indigestion to Bones, Babies and Viruses ”Believe it .. Or Not”
1. 2 out of 3 adults in the United States have hemorrhoids.
2. 25% of your bones are located in your feet.
3. 35,000 people in the U.S. will die from the flu annually.
4. 40% of all indigestion remedies sold in the world are bought by Americans.
5. A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks!
6. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there, though!
7. A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
8. A person infected with the SARS virus, has a 95-98% chance of recovery.
9. A person will burn 7 percent more calories if they walk on hard dirt compared to pavement.
10. A sneeze can travel as fast as 100 miles per hour.
11. A toothbrush within 6 feet of a toilet can get airborne bacteria from flushing.
12. A woman's sense of smell is most sensitive during ovulation.
13. About 400 different kinds of microbes live on and in the human body.
14. About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.
15. An average adult produces about half a liter of flatulent gas per day, resulting in an average of about fourteen occurrences of flatulence a day.
16. At age 70, more than 70 percent of men are still potent!
17. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
18. By the age of 60, most people have lost 50% of their taste buds.
19. Children are more allergic to cockroaches than they are to cats!
20. Children are poisoned most frequently by eating harmful plants.